Every flat has got its own bathroom, kitchen and heating and the rooms have sight beams, wooden or terracotta-tiled floors, while the
furnishing as well as the materials used follow the rural tradition of Tuscany: wood, stone, terracotta tiles and wrought iron.
Every kitchen is fully equipped with cutlery, pottery, pots and pans and also with sugar, salt, spices, vinegar, tea, coffee.
The farm produces organically and sells jams, conserves and preserves, honey, wine and olives.
The guests can freely supply themselves with organic fruit and vegetables grown in the farm kitchen-garden and orchards.
To reach Casale Camalda there is a gravel road of 1,8 km, well-viable, but not suitable for low sports cars.
Mobile phones have difficulty receiving
A common meeting-room with maps, guide-books, books about nature, hiking, history, art and culture of the area is at the guests disposal. Here they will also find organic products of the farm on display.
Small independent two-storey stone house (about 50 square meters) , with garden and porch with barbecue composed of: on the Ground Floor kitchen and living room with fireplace, on the First Floor a double bedroom, an open space with a bunkbed and a bathroom with shower.
Independent apartment (about 45 s.m.) in the main Farmhouse with own entrance through a stone staircase and with a small terrace. It is composed of: kitchen-living room with sleeping couch, old fireplace of chiselled stone and wooden stove, a bedroom with one double and one single bed, a bathroom with shower.
A two-storey independent apartment (about 70 s.m.), with a meadow in front of it with table and benches, composed of: on the Ground Floor kitchen-living room, bathroom with shower and one double bedroom; on the First Floor a bedroom with one double bed and a single bed and another small bedroom with two single beds.
Independent apartment (about 35 s.m.), partially under the ground level on two sides, with a small outside pergola with table and benches, composed of: kitchen-living room with sleeping armchairs, bedroom with two double beds (a double bed + a bunkbed) , bathroom with shower.
Common Meet – Library
The room that was once used as a woodshed and as a cellar/laboratory for wine-making is now a common meeting room and a library with books about nature, hiking and trekking, environmental issues and local history, art and culture.
Our guests can also consult and buy the materials of the National Park of the Foreste Casentinesi, Monte Falterona and Campigna.
Furthermore they can find on display the organic products of Casale Camalda: jams, preserves and conserves, honey, wine, olives and vegetable sauces.
General uses and rules
– Minimum stay: 2 nights in Low and Middle Season, 4 nights at Easter and New Year’s Eve, 7 nights from half July to the end of August.
– The cost of the independent heating, if used, will be reckoned separately on the basis of a proper gas-meter and of the real consumption or, in case of centralized heating, on the basis of the hours of use (“Old Fireplace”).
– Bed linen and towels are provided and will be changed once a week. In case the guests bring their own bedlinen and towels, a final discount of Euro 2,50 per bed is granted.
– Wood for fireplaces and stoves: 1st supply included, the following on the basis of its consumption.
– General Terms and conditions –
– Stay conditions: High Season 35% on booking, Low and Middle Season 30% on booking, settlement on arrival. In case of cancellation of the booking within 40 days from arrival, the entire deposit will be returned; within 21 days 50% of the deposit will be returned, unless otherwise agreed. Beyond this time the entire deposit will be retained, unless otherwise agreed. In case of no-show on the day of the arrival or of a departure earlier than expected and booked, the entire amount of the stay is due, unless otherwise agreed. The booking, by e-mail or on the phone, the payment of the deposit and the confirmation of the booking from the Holiday Farm Resort Casale Camalda, automatically entail the acceptance from the both sides of these general terms and conditions.
– Admission time: from 4.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m., if not otherwise agreed.
– A bottle of our wine will be given to whoever introduces him/herself reciting a poem from “I Canti Orfici” by Dino Campana, trekker and poet of these mountains.